We are seeking a Cinematics Artist who has a passion for creating industry-leading cinematic storytelling experiences within an AAA mobile game.
- Create concept drawings, storyboards, prototypes and visual targets that help define project goals.
- Participate and/or direct motion capture shoots.
- Create compelling cutscenes and interactive dialogues with excellent pacing, acting, and timing.
- Set up cameras and actor staging within the scenes.
- Communicate with designers and leads to striking a balance between gameplay and visual storytelling.
- Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years of working in the video games industry or animation industry or features as a Layout/Previz Artist.
- Full understanding of acting basics including posing and timing.
- Knowledge of cinematography and editing.
- Experience with staging action-oriented and dramatic sequences.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proactive approach when seeking answers.
- Technical problem-solving.
- Quick to adapt to new software.
- Understand and respect technical limitations of target platforms especially if working on engine based cinematic.
- Previous game or film experience working on action-oriented sequences and cutscenes.
- Passion for making an action or fighting games.
- Experience with character and camera animation in Maya or other 3D medium.
- Experience with Unity a HUGE plus, in particular skills in lighting, rendering, prefab creating and setup in Unity